igmSSDI Admin started the topic Facts You Need to Know Before Filing for Disability in the forum Initial Filing Questions 3 years, 9 months ago
1. 70% of initial Social Security applications are not approved!
2. Claims examiners need to see PROOF that your disability negatively impacts your daily life.
3. The review and appeals process can take as long as a few years.
4. A medical condition does not necessarily have to be severe to qualify for disability benefits.
5. You do not need to be unemployed for 12 months before applying for SSDI.
What else do you need to know before filing for disability?